Image
Clear Sky

71.96°F

Cedar Lake

Clear Sky
Humidity: 62%
Wind: NNW at 2.24 M/S
Image

April 6, 2022

Minutes of Board Meetings

Cedar Lake Improvement District (CLID) Meeting Minutes held on April 4, 2022, 6:30-8:00 pm at Paul Hoyt’s garage due to COVID. 

Attendees:  Tim Schroeder, Paul Hoyt, Pam Caselius, Tim Singleton, Amy Gallagher, Joel Larsen and Dave Nielsen                                                                                                                                                                                            

Agenda:

Annual Meeting final prep review

Lake Survey updates 

New website updates

Tim Schroeder kicked off the meeting providing an update on the annual meeting scheduled for May 10, 2022 at 7 pm at the New Prague Fire Station.   A post card option with photo was selected for the invitation to be sent out to all residents in the district.   After much discussion the following was determined:

  • Melissa Bokman will provide an update from the Scott County Watershed Management Organization.
  • Shelby Roberts from Scott County Soil and Water Conservation District will also be invited to present.  
  • Keegan Lund will be invited to present from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
  • Joel will be providing an update about treatment coverage and amounts.
  • Tim Singleton will be providing a Treasurer’s report. 

Tim Schroeder brought up Lake Surveys and there was discussion around what is being provided from the county and what the CLID could do to help improve information gathering around these surveys.  It was determined and approved unanimously that the board should continue to work with a contractor to obtain independent surveys each year.   Amy volunteered to reach back out to the contractors she had spoken with prior on this project to get new quotes from them on providing these and will update us at our next meeting. 

Pam provided an update on the website in that it was ready to go live with Bevcomm but we needed to get some training done on it to make sure we understood how to use it.  As a reminder the new website offers many nice features including a Facebook feedback and that it is mobile friendly. 

 Dave and Paul volunteered with Pam to complete the training so that we had enough board members to accommodate any updates

                                                                    

The meeting adjourned via motion from Joel Larsen and seconded by Tim Schroeder at 8:00 PM.

The next meeting date is our annual meeting set for May 10 2022 at 7:00 PM at the New Prague Fire Station. 

March 7, 2022

Cedar Lake Improvement District (CLID) Meeting Minutes held on March 7, 2022, 6:30-8:00 pm via zoom due to COVID.

Attendees: Tim Schroeder, Paul Hoyt, Pam Caselius, Tim Singleton and Dave Nielsen

Agenda:
Lake Clean-up scheduled for Saturday March 12, 2022 at 9:00 am
Update on SWMO meeting
Annual Meeting Update
WSB Carp contract discussion
Treasurers Report
Logo and website updates

Joel kicked off the meeting reminding everyone that thee lake clean-up is set for March 12th at 9 am. He has commitment from the boy scouts and the Sportsman’s club to assist. Lakers will place dumpsters on both the north end and the east side launches.

Tim Schroeder and Tim Singleton provided an update on their meeting Melissa Bokman from SCWMO regarding our meeting with the DNR which occurred 1-10-2022 via Zoom. As a reminder the meeting with the DNR was very cordial and the DNR was understanding with our concerns around last year’s underwhelming treatment results. They are encouraging pre and post treatment surveys and are allowing us to treat up to 150 acres this year. The details on treatment are somewhat up in the air still and we are going to have to communicate closely with the treatment company (RFP pending) on what makes the most sense this year. Melissa advised the winning bidder was PLM Lake Management and they are focused on using Aquathol and Diquat this year but much of the details on amounts and locations will depend on the plant survey results.

Tim Schroeder provided an update on the annual meeting scheduled for May 10. 2022 at 7 pm at the New Prague Fire Station. Jordan from WSB and Associates will be in attendance to provide an update on the carp project. It was also determined that Melissa from SWMO and Shelby Roberts from Scott County Soil and Water Conservation District will also be invited to present.

Tim Singleton provided an update on the carp project itself. Per WSB our contractor there are currently 11 carp that are being tracked via radio tagging that was done prior to lake freeze in late 2021. There have been 4 surveys since the tagging. The carp started the winter months in the south end of the lake but as the temperature dropped have moved to the north end near the dam area which is not an area appropriate for seining due to the many obstacles on the lake bottom there. WSB has attempted to place loud speakers in the area to see if they will relocate to an area that we can sein but that has not proven to be effective as they relocate but move back to the same area after the noise is gone. It appears at this point the only option for seining will be the south end after the ice melts. More to follow on this as we continue to receive updates from WSB and Associates.

Tim Singleton provided a treasurer’s report update. Major expenses were WSB and Associates for the Carp project and our annual Zoom subscription charges.

Pamela presented 3 logo options she had drawn up from a friend who does design work. On a vote it was unanimous for option2 which included our lake outline. It was also unanimous that we provide a gift card for her efforts. Pamela also provided an update on the website project with BevComm. The updates are done and we need to have any change requests back to them prior to April 1st. As a reminder the new website offers many nice features including a Facebook feedback and that it is mobile friendly.

The meeting adjourned via motion from Pam Caselius and seconded by Paul Hoyt at 8:00 PM.

The next meeting date was set for Monday, April 4th 2021 at 6:30 PM at Paul Hoyt’s home garage.

January 3, 2022

Cedar Lake Improvement District (CLID) Meeting Minutes held on January 3, 2022, 6:30-8:00 pm via Zoom due to COVID.

Attendees: Amy Gallagher, Joel Larsen, Tim Schroeder, Paul Hoyt, Pam Caselius, Tim Singleton and Dave Nielsen

Agenda:

-Annual Meeting Update

-Meeting with DNR prep regarding 2022 Weed Treatment set for 1-10-2022

-Lake Weed survey update

-Treasurer’s Report

-Spring Weed Treatment

-WSB Carp contract discussion

-Lake water quality conditions discussion

Tim Schroeder provided an update on the annual meeting. He has reached out to the new New Prague Fire Chief about holding the meeting at the New Prague Fire Station but Steve was not able to give him a reply yet due to COVID. Steve is going to get back to us or Tim will check back if he doesn’t hear from Steve.

Tim Schroeder also reminded us we needed to prep for our meeting with the DNR scheduled for 1-10-2022. What do we want to cover and what do we want to focus on. After much discussion the board determined we would put a list of questions and areas of focus prior to the meeting. It was also determined Joel would be our spokesman for the meeting. After much additional discussion it was determined that the success of our treatment program needed to be measured by those that use the lake and the lakeshore owners.

Amy provided an update on our independent lake weed survey in progress, but still not completed. This plan is needed to help support our 2022 treatment plan with the DNR based on current weed growth. There was a recent change in contacts with the firm we are utilizing for our survey, Environment Laboratories Inc., thus a delay in getting the report. Amy is still trying to work with the new contact to obtain the survey as soon as possible.

Tim Singleton provided an update on the Treasurer’s Report. No activity for this month other than interest earned on funds in savings.

Pamela provided an update on the website. She met with Bevcomm and they provided her with several ideas on ways we could update and improve it. They will be attending our next meeting to present those.

The meeting adjourned via motion from Tim Schroeder and seconded by Pamela Caselius at 8:00 PM.

The next meeting date was set for Monday, February 7th, 2022 at 6:30 PM at Paul Hoyt’s home garage.